Welcome to Pond's Place, which offers:
- Hundreds of images from around the world in the gallery and panorama sections, all in high resolution
- Software for RISC OS, Mac OS, Ruby On Rails and more
- Electronic music
- A chat forum
- Various other odds and ends.
15-Jan-2019: New year, new job
I'm now working for RIP Global - check them out!
10-Apr-2018: Add Folder Icons update for High Sierra
It took a while, but I managed to work around High Sierra bugs to produce version 3.0.4 of Add Folder Icons. This is available now on the Mac App Store. For more information and Finder toolbar droplets, see the main Add Folder Icons page.
23-Oct-2017: Still here!
Life in New Zealand is awesome... But it means I'm spending a lot more time outdoors and less time updating web sites! So there have been few updates here.
In the mean time, check out the Facebook link in the sidebar for more recent public photo albums; I do hope to update the photo albums locally in due course with higher quality originals.
On the music front, you can now get hold of uncompressed audio from my Bandcamp page:
29-Mar-2016: Add Folder Icons update available
Version 3.0.2 of Add Folder Icons includes useful AppleScript support extensions which allow more interesting behaviour in scripts. Some examples are included in the form of Finder toolbar "droplets" which can be downloaded from the Add Folder Icons page. Version 3.0.2 is currently under App Store Review and will be available soon - some of the droplets will work with version 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 too, so you don't have to wait to try them out!
17-Mar-2016: Add Folder Icons version 3 now available
Add Folder Icons is available on the Mac App Store. At the time of writing it has only just been approved, so if you see an older version please try again in a few hours. It seems to take a while for new releases to propagate across Mac App Stores in all geographies.
12-Mar-2016: Add Folder Icons version 3
Yes, it still lives! Still compatible all the way back to OS X 10.6.8 and all the way forward to OS X 10.11, Add Folder Icons has had a big update and now at version 3, awaiting Mac App Store approval. See the preview and download the source code from its description page.
- The folder list is bigger, clearer and includes a preview column at long last.
- Full integration with the Mac OS X sandbox for more reliable and flexible operation with SlipCover
- The old command-line tool sitting behind the scenes has been retired, with its code integrated properly into the main application for faster and more reliable behaviour